CAB Contracts Seminar ‘Design Liability’
Thursday 21 March 2019 – 8.30 a.m. to 12.30 p.m.
Hilton Hotel, A429 Stratford Road, Warwick, CV34 6RE ‘***UP to 2 FREE Places for members***
Continuing our popular series of Contract Seminars we are pleased to announce the date of our 1st Seminar of 2019. Our presenter will once again be Geraldine Fleming, Operations Director at international construction consultancy Driver Trett.
Design liability is a hot topic in the industry at present and this seminar gives an overview of the highly important and potentially expensive issues that can arise when you take on board full or part design responsibility.
Areas to be covered include
1. Who has design responsibility
2. What is the difference between Reasonable Skill and Care (RSC) and Fit For Purpose (FFP)?
3. The risks of value engineering
4. The status of ‘Approval by Consultants’
5. How do JCT Contracts deal with design?
6. How do NEC Contracts deals with design?
7. The importance of record keeping
8. Liability for defects post completion
Who should attend?
This seminar will include a number of relevant case studies. It is particularly suitable for fabricators, installers, specialist sub-contractors, estimators, project managers, commercial directors, design engineers and anyone who is part of the onsite construction team.
Further details and booking form can be found below:-