CAB Contracts Seminar ‘Subcontracting under the JCT Design & Build Contract’
Tuesday 4 June 2019 – 8.30 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.
Rosewood Room, Manchester Airport Marriott, Hale Road, Hale Barns, Manchester, WA15 8XW ‘***UP to 2 FREE Places for members***
Continuing our popular series of Contract Seminars we are pleased to announce the date of our second Seminar of 2019. Our presenter will once again be Geraldine Fleming, Operations Director at international construction consultancy Driver Trett.
Last year, we held an introductory session on JCT and NEC Forms of Contract. This seminar will look at a more in depth review of JCT on its own. As usual, it will be presented by Geraldine Fleming, Operations Director at international construction consultancy, Driver Trett.
Areas to be covered include
• What documentation – your terms, their terms or a JCT subcontract
• Subcontract documents including completing the Subcontract Particulars
• Communications including notices – are emails valid
• Third party rights – has the Employer the right to sue the subcontractor directly
• Payment – this will include the very recent case law in relation to payment and pay less notices
• Design Liability
• Variations – how can you ensure that you are properly paid for any additional work that you do
• Programme – what does the JCT subcontract require you to do
• Liquidated damages – what is a subcontractor’s liability in the event that works finish late
• Extensions of time – what are the notification requirements
• Money claims – loss and expense – how should you present your prolongation costs
• Defects – for how long are you liable for defects under a JCT subcontract
• Dispute resolution including adjudication
Who should attend?
The seminar is aimed at those involved in working with main contractors or who subcontract work to others, whether in either an estimating, operational, commercial or financial role.
8.00 – 8.30am Registration & refreshments
8.30 – 12.30pm Morning session:
12.30 – 1.15pm Lunch
1.15 – 5pm Afternoon session:
Further details and booking form can be found below:-