Regrettably this seminar has been postponed until 20 May due to concerns over coronavirus.
Topic – Design Liability (pm only)
Venue – Bury Theatre, Royal Armouries, Leeds, LS10 1LT
Presenter – Geraldine Fleming, Operations Director, Driver Trett
***2 free places for members to attend***
This seminar will cover:-
- General contractual overview – formation of contract, hierarchy of documents
- Who has design responsibility? – relationships
- Important issues
- Common law position on design, general case law review including is there a difference between acceptance / approval / comments
- Reasonable skill and care v fit for purpose / new products
- Novation – overview and review of typical documents, how it works and what are the risks
- Co-ordination of design – what does this mean?
– Equal and / or approved
– Design responsibility under LOI’s
– Subcontracting design – is this permitted?
– Subconsultants – what form of contract?
i. Pre contract meetings – programme / design submissions
ii. Important subcontract design clauses
Who should attend?
This seminar will include a number of relevant case studies. It is particularly suitable for fabricators, installers, specialist sub-contractors, estimators, project managers, commercial directors, design engineers and anyone who is part of the onsite construction team.
For further details and booking form please see below:-