The Council for Aluminium in Building (CAB) is a UK based trade association. The mission of CAB is to promote and protect the use of aluminium in the UK commercial and domestic architectural aluminium industry.
Members include companies throughout the supply chain such as extruders, fabricators, systems companies, finishing companies, hardware manufacturers, specialist suppliers and manufacturers.
We are looking to appoint a Technical Manager, who will also cover sales and policy work to maintain and develop further CAB’s technical support to its members, achieve additional sales and undertake appropriate policy work, working with CAB’s CEO, Technical Consultant and the wider CAB membership.
This is a unique opportunity to work in a small but dynamic team. You should have excellent people and communication skills and feel comfortable both in creating and presenting technical information to professionals in the industry and represent CAB’s interests to government departments and other organisations CAB interacts with.
- Create or update technical Datasheets and guidance documents when required
- Respond to technical queries from members and building professionals
- Produce technical articles for CAB newsletters and social media channels
- Writing technical and agreed policy editorial for the trade press
- Regularly attend and report at CAB meetings on technical and policy matters affecting the industry
- An understanding of the key environmental issues facing the sector and working with the Chief Executive to advance Aluminium’s sustainability credentials
- Visiting members to give impartial and specialist advice as required, promote member benefits, CAB activities and events to members
- Visiting potential members, alone or with the Chief Executive
- Develop and sell new member services
- Monitor, analyse, and support the development of positions on policy issues
- Support the development of key relationships with Government Departments to ensure CAB’s position is heard
- Work with government departments and sister trade associations to represent CAB and UK aluminium in building interests at UK and European level when required
- Representing CAB on a range of leading Construction committees including Construction Products Association, BSI, Centre for Window & Cladding Technology and related Groups such as Secured By Design and British Fenestration Ratings Council
- General support to the CAB Office on a day to day basis (including phone and email) and responsibility for covering general office duties and cover for other office staff where necessary. Support to the CAB Team on various external communications.
- Attend and represent CAB at exhibitions, CAB AGM, Regional Meetings. Additionally, ad hoc breakfast meetings and seminars where relevant.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and especially the ability to present clear and cogent arguments effectively and empathise with a range of opinions that arise within a Trade Association environment
- Solid technical knowledge including relevant BS/EN/ISO Standards and Building Regulations
- The ability to write on technical subjects for technical and non-technical audiences both within and outside the Trade Association
- The need to quickly gain credibility within Industry peer groups and the CAB membership
- Preferably experience of links with Trade Associations and a key understanding of the role they undertake
- Excellent time management skills, an ability to deliver and be a team player
- An understanding of essential marketing and commercial issues facing the sector
- Enthusiastic, pro-active and self-motivated
- Maintain the highest level of both professional and personal standards when representing CAB at a wide range of committees, events, exhibitions and ad hoc activities
- The role may include other tasks within the capabilities of the Technical Manager as they arise
Salary: Up to £45,000 dependent on experience
Benefits: Company Car, Laptop, 25 days holidays plus bank holidays, Pension, Health scheme available
Hours: Full Time (9am-5pm – Monday to Friday)
Location: Flexible mix of Stonehouse / Home-based
Contact (confidential) CAB CEO Phil Slinger on telephone number 01453 828856 or submit your CV to email@example.com – No Agencies