Following the Future Homes Standard consultation in 2020, the government has now released its response to the Future Buildings Standard, so covering all build types. This applies to England, with the devolved nations yet to announce their changes.
Alongside the changes to Part L (Conservation of fuel & power), changes to Part F (Ventilation) have been made, as well as the release of a new Part O for Overheating in dwellings.
The new Approved Documents can be found here:
• Approved Document L, volume 1: dwellings
• Approved Document L, volume 2: buildings other than dwellings
• Approved Document F, volume 1: dwellings
• Approved Document F, volume 2: buildings other than dwellings
• and an entirely new Approved Document O covering overheating
The ultimate aim is for new homes and buildings to be ‘net zero’, with a further uplift planned in 2025. Work to develop the next set of changes to Part L starts now and we welcome all CAB members to help us ensure that aluminium systems continue to be the best choice.
These recently announced 2021 changes come into force on 15 June 2022. We will be working closely with members to help with the transition through our Technical Committee and Working Groups. Please contact us for further information at email@example.com or by calling 01453 828851.